The list below gives a human-readable overview of the changes from one version to the next. For details of precisely what is changed at the code level, consult the github repository. Odd patch levels correspond to versions in development, even numbered ones are released in packaged form.
- Fix to make simplify see the Mathematica backend again.
- Fix export of notebooks to LaTeX.
- Fix display of LaTeXForm property declaration.
- Added Python methods to traverse the expression tree.
- Fix for power simplification bug (github/85)
- Fix to make command line version accept primes in expression input (github/85)
- Fix for indices being treated as dependencies (github/89)
- Various improvements for replace_match.
- Optional syntax highlighting in input cells.
- Added lower_free_indices and raise_free_indices.
2.2.0 "Easter Bunny" (released 29-Mar-2018)
- Now builds on Windows.
- Experimental support for modifying the expression tree directly from Python (see e.g. Fourier transforms).
- Now building on OpenBSD.
- Fix for integration by parts (github/71)
- Fix for incorrect conversion to sympy expressions.
- Optionally build with support for (experimental!) Mathematica scalar backend; see map_mma.
- Many bugfixes for expression display and sympy conversion.
- Now using pybind instead of boost.python, in preparation for Windows port, and to enable building against Anaconda.
- Copy/paste of output cells added.
- New simplify command, which simplifies the scalar parts of expressions, and can be switched to use either Sympy or Mathematica.
- Fix to treat derivatives with respect to explicit coordinates as scalars in evaluate; see this Q&A post.
- Fix for failure to flag errors for WeightInherit property.
- Fixed: vary on single-term expressions (github/57)
- Fixed: evaluate with dense factors and no 'values' property on indices (github/68)
- Various bugfixes.
- Make the wedge product distributable.
- Fix printing of wedge products with sums in factors.
- Fixed printing of index brackets.
- Add RPATH to binaries to avoid having to run ldconfig after installation.
- Fix for the theming to avoid invisible text with dark themes.
2.1.5 (released 6-Aug-2017)
- Introduced map_sympy which can be used to apply Sympy functions to Cadabra expressions, acting in-place.
- Fixed: expressions with powers often lack brackets.
2.1.4 (released 14-Apr-2017)
- Enable packages to be written using Cadabra notation, instead of only pure Python (still experimental).
- Young tableaux properties Tableau and FilledTableau the related algorithm lr_tensor are available again.
- Sorting Majorana spinors possible again using sort_spinors.
- Extended rename_dummies with capability to rename indices to different set.
- Make vary work on powers of expressions with dummy indices.
- Substitution of sub-sums now available (e.g. substitute of A+B=C in ex:=A+B+C+D).
- Improved LaTeX export to make printed notebooks look much better.
- Many improvements to the component engine, in particular for handling of derivatives and fractions involving tensors.
- Better line spacing for line-wrapped equations.
- Smarter scroll-to-cell behaviour of the notebook.
- Canonicalising expressions with component values for indices now works again.
- The unwrap algorithm can now be guided about what to unwrap, and also knows about spinors and Dirac bars.
- Experimental support to use Cadabra directly from C++ code, as a library (see the c++lib directory).
- Fixes for using a custom post_process defined as a function nested inside another.
- Rudimentary timing logic, try server.totals();
- Fixed: pasting text in the notebook sometimes double-pastes.
- Fixed: split_index does not work properly on left- and right-hand side of equations.
- Fixed: sort_product does not always sort expressions.
- Fixed: eliminate_metric only acts at top level of an expression, should have deep=True by default.
- Fixed: a bug which would lead to a segfault when using deep=True.
- Bug fix: Crash on opening of a notebook on Ubuntu 16.04 and possibly others, related to minor differences in gtk versions.
- Bug fix: Installation paths of Debian/Ubuntu/Mint binary packages changed from /usr/local to /usr.
- Bug fix: Compilation error on gtk versions lower than 3.10.0.
- First properly versioned release after a series of 2.0.x releases which were meant for testing.