The list below gives a human-readable overview of the changes from one version to the next. For details of precisely what is changed at the code level, consult the github repository.
- Enable packages to be written using Cadabra notation, instead of only pure Python.
- Young tableaux properties Tableau and FilledTableau the related algorithm lr_tensor are available again.
- Sorting Majorana spinors possible again using sort_spinors.
- Extended rename_dummies with capability to rename indices to different set.
- Make vary work on powers of expressions with dummy indices.
- Substitution of sub-sums now available (e.g. substitute of A+B=C in ex:=A+B+C+D).
- Improved LaTeX export to make printed notebooks look much better.
- Many improvements to the component engine, in particular for handling of derivatives and fractions involving tensors.
- Better line spacing for line-wrapped equations.
- Experimental support to use Cadabra directly from C++ code, as a library (see the c++lib directory).
- Fixed: pasting text in the notebook sometimes double-pastes.
- Fixed: split_index does not work properly on left- and right-hand side of equations.
- Fixed: sort_product does not always sort expressions.
- Fixed: eliminate_metric only acts at top level of an expression, should have deep=True by default.
- Fixed: a bug which would lead to a segfault when using deep=True.
- Bug fix: Crash on opening of a notebook on Ubuntu 16.04 and possibly others, related to minor differences in gtk versions.
- Bug fix: Installation paths of Debian/Ubuntu/Mint binary packages changed from /usr/local to /usr.
- Bug fix: Compilation error on gtk versions lower than 3.10.0.
- First properly versioned release after a series of 2.0.x releases which were meant for testing.